In March, Boling & Company co-hosted with the University of Georgia School of Law an academic symposium calling attention to the national rural health crisis. The event was a terrific gathering of rural health advocates and interested students aimed at identifying solutions for rural providers and patient populations.
The event was also sponsored by the Georgia Partnership for Telehealth and Healthcare Georgia Foundation.
Listen to and/or download the various panel discussions featuring healthcare policymakers, executives, and entrepreneurs, (full list below) along with a keynote presentation from CEO of the National Rural Health Association Alan Morgan, here.
Full list of panelists:
- Alan Morgan (keynote speaker), CEO, National Rural Health Association
- State. Rep. Sharon Cooper, Chair of Health and Human Services Committee
- Carol Alexander, Consultant, Stroudwater Associates
- HD Cannington, CEO, Cannington Healthcare Consulting, LLC
- Lisa Carhuff, MSN, RN, Director of Hospital Services, Georgia State Office of Rural Health
- Jim Coleman, SVP of Southeast Hospital Operations, Community Hospital Corporation
- Kay Floyd, CEO, Monroe County Hospital (GA)
- Troy Heidesch, DNP, CEO of Smart House Calls, LLC
- William Kanto, MD, Augusta University
- Gary Nelson, PhD, President, Healthcare Georgia Foundation
- Robin Rau, CEO, Miller County Hospital (GA)
- Jeff Robbins, Director of Telemedicine, Tift Regional Medical Center (GA)
- Ben Robinson, Executive Director for the Center for Health Planning and Workforce Analysis, University System of Georgia
- Sherrie Williams, Executive Director, Georgia Partnership for Telehealth
- Baha Zeidan, CEO, Azalea Health